Fluid-Bag FLEXI - a flexible and disposable IBC bag container
Fluid-Bag FLEXI (1000 or 900 l) is our one-way option intermediate bulk container, and includes a single-trip inner container, transport bag and wooden pallet.
The disposable inner container of the FLEXI IBC container is always clean, and there is no need for maintenance or washing. The bag is strong and durable to withstand handling and transport.
The outer transport bag and pallet can easily be disposed of, and expensive return freights of empty IBCs, totes or drums can be avoided altogether.
Advantages with Fluid-Bag FLEXI
There are many advantages with our flexible and disposable IBC solution. Here are some of them that might interest you:
1. Low residue
Residue in a flexible 1000-liter container from Fluid-Bag can be as low as 0.3-1.0%. This is a result of stretching the bag and, when necessary, rolling of the inner container with the best discharge equipment.
This effectiveness means that you avoid unnecessary waste in your manufacturing process and can make the most of every drop of product.
2. Reduced carbon footprint
By choosing the right suppliers you can reduce your emissions within Scoop 3. Fluid-Bag's products have a low carbon footprint and can therefore help you reduce your overall climate impact.
Fluid-Bag FLEXI is the product of ours that has the lowest carbon footprint – and if you would like to know the values, please contact us and we are happy to share the third-party study.
3. Eliminate contamination
Fluid-Bag is a closed container system. Since the bag is flexible, there is no need to let air into the container, so you avoid the risk of particle, bacterial or moisture contamination.
The protective barriers in the inner container ensure the quality of your product. Get inspired by Petro-Canada and their use of Fluid-Bag flexible bulk containers for this reason.
4. No washing or re-conditioning
If you are looking for a disposable bulk tote or flexible container for bulk-packaging, Fluid-Bag FLEXI is the best option.
With Fluid-Bag FLEXI, costly and time-consuming cleaning and maintenance of rigid steel or plastic containers can be a thing of the past.
5. More free storage space
At Fluid-Bag we understand the value of saving space at your plant. In only 2.5 square meters, you can store 20 000 liters worth of Fluid-Bag containers.
Instead of investing in rooms or services for cleaning and re-conditioning, use your space in your production for more proactive needs.
6. No return transportation
With a disposable bulk IBC that is also flexible, planning and handling becomes easier – no matter if you have long transportation, or you would like to deliver your product to a narrow mining shaft.
Switch to Fluid-Bag and reduce both costs and pollution caused by return transport of empty containers.
Get in touch with us to learn more about the Fluid-Bag FLEXI, our equipment for filling and discharging, as well as our references and previous cases.
Fluid-Bag FLEXI: What does it consist of?
- Stacking frame for use when stacking is needed, for example in 20 ft standard containers.
- Inner container a single-trip multilayer foil container surrounded by polypropylene fabric. Barrier foil according to liquid type. Equipped with top and bottom inlets/outlets for filling and discharge.
- Transport bag of polypropylene fabric. Can be equipped with printing, such as logotype. The four wooden poles are ISPM 15 treated and stamped.
- Transport pallet of wood, ISPM 15 treated and stamped.
- Sizes are 900 and 1000 litres.
- Weight is app. 36 kg (without stacking frame)
What industries are using Fluid-Bag's products?
Fluid-Bag's flexible containers are a proven solution in many different industries, for example: Adhesives, Sealants & Coatings; Automotive industry; Cosmetics; Drilling & Oilfields; Food; Ink; Lubes & Greases; Pharmaceuticals and more.
How to assemble a Fluid-Bag FLEXI IBC container
Watch this video to learn more about the Fluid-Bag FLEXI.
More about this flexible IBC
High quality IBC tote option
Safety always comes first at Fluid-Bag. Every inner container is inspected, and leak tested. We also offer different inner bags to suit your product; alternative liner combinations are available.
Effective use of material
In addition to the low carbon footprint, the Fluid-Bag is made with the minimum amount of packaging material; a standard 1000-liter inner container contains approximately 4.7 kg of plastic. Compared to other types of rigid intermediate bulk containers, the amount of plastic packaging used for a Fluid-Bag is significantly less.
Handling and Stacking
Fluid-Bag FLEXI can be fork lifted from all four sides and from two sides with hand trucks. Is also suitable for conveyor use. The filled containers can be stored on standard storage racks or floor stacked two high.
Delivery of Empty Containers
The inner containers are delivered in boxes of 20, 15 or 10 depending on model, and transport bags including poles in boxes of 20. Transport pallets in stacks of 20 (16).
Transport of Filled Containers
Fluid-Bag FLEXI containers can be transported by road, rail and sea. The 900 l version is used when stacked in standard 20 ft containers. It is recommended to use stacking frames and sliding plates for overseas freights.
What is the difference between a rigid IBC and a flexible Fluid-Bag IBC tote?
- A standard rigid IBC tote consists of an outer shell made of rigid plastic, enclosed in a metal cage.
- Fluid-Bag flexible IBC totes consist of an outer shell made of soft but strong polypropylene plastic. A separate inner container made of PE plastic (with EVOH, aluminum or opaque barriers) contains and protects the transported liquid.
- Rigid IBC: typically 1000 liters.
- Fluid-Bag IBC tote: 900 and 1000 liters.
Plastic material quantity:
- A rigid IBC consists of 30-40 kg of plastic.
- Fluid-Bag container systems only use around 5 kg of plastic material.
Method of emptying the IBC tote:
- A rigid IBC relies on gravity to discharge the liquid inside.
- A flexible container system like Fluid-Bag can be stretched and squeezed like a tube of toothpaste, leaving very little residue in the container.
For more information about Fluid-Bag FLEXI
Read the detailed product sheet about the FLEXI container or contact the Fluid-Bag sales team directly: