Adhesive System for Engineered Wood
Loctite Purbond adhesive application
For 15 years Purbond has been using Fluid-Bag MULTI and Fluid-Bag FLEXI for their high end 1 component PUR adhesive for delivery to customers. Today Purbond delivers their adhesives to the whole world.
Mr. Walter Stampfli, General Manager for the Loctite Purbond brand, has here listed the advantages of the Fluid-Bag container and which problems have been resolved with the help of Fluid-Bags:
Problem with other containers
- Problems with discarding of residues due to high viscosity.
- Large volume of empty packing at the production sites and at the customers’ site.
- Insufficient barrier effect against moisture with some plastic packaging.
Advantages of Fluid-Bag MULTI and FLEXI
- No shielding gas needed at the customers.
- Closed system after filling at Purbond’s production sites.
- Possibility to fill the container without having any air buffer on top.
- Ecological friendly: MULTI steel parts and outer layers can be reused; FLEXI wood parts can be used to produce electricity or heat.
- Cost savings for return transport of empty packaging with MULTI because of the low volume.
- Pleasing look, different to other technical raw material packaging – can be used as a marketing instrument.
Purbond, part of the Henkel group, is a global manufacturer and supplier of one component moisture-curing liquid polyurethane adhesive systems for engineered wood. Under the brand LOCTITE PURBOND the company provides high-quality adhesive systems, competent advice from industry specialists, and dependable technology support.